$3 Per Year Web Hosting

Thursday 26 June 2014

23 Hot Guys You Didn't Know Were Vegan

Making sacrifices for animals and your health is SO sexy.


Actor (Her) Joaquin Phoenix


Actor ( Her ) Joaquin Phoenix


"There were five kids and we literally screamed at our parents and said, ‘We are never going to eat meat again.’ Because we were on a boat, and they were catching fish, and they were throwing fish against the side of the boat in order to kill them, they are flopping around, so these kids, there were five of us, no there were four of us, one of them was pregnant with my younger sister, and it was undeniable that it was brutal, barbaric and horrible for us, and so we said that. I remember my mum not being to answer and we said, ‘Why didn’t you tell us that’s where meat came from?’ And she didn’t know what to say. I feel like I have this memory of seeing her crying."


Jason Merritt / Getty Images


Musician Andre 3000


Musician Andre 3000


"I cook the hell out of some spaghetti. It's a vegan spaghetti dish that I absolutely kill. It's textured soi protein meat, your tomato paste, your tomato sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, garlic, a little cayenne pepper to add a little kick, my special spices. I make a hell of a great garlic bread as well - you get a French loaf, you put soy butter on it and garlic pieces. That's it! Put a good salad with it with lots of big olives, some oil and vinegar dressing: you're good! My son loves it. His friends love it."


Rick Diamond / Getty Images


Triathlete Brendan Brazier


Triathlete Brendan Brazier


"I first became vegan for health reasons, which for me translates to performance gains. Soon after I stopped eating meat I realized that there were many more reasons other than just health to be vegan. Aside from the health, environmental and animal welfare concerns, I also began to dislike the way in witch society views meat consumption. The slick marketing and complete removal of any thought that the ground-up, plastic wrapped piece of meat bought in a supermarket was recently an animal walking around in a field, not too different from your dog. Society makes contributing to killing an animal completely acceptable and anonymous, others do all the messy work (breeding, raising, killing) all you as the consumer has to do is walk into a friendly, clean supermarket in the shopping mall and buy a piece of meat wrapped with a cartoon picture of a smiling cow on it."


Facebook: brendanbrazier


Actor (True Detective) Woody Harrelson


Actor ( True Detective ) Woody Harrelson


"I used to eat burgers and steak, and I would just be knocked out afterward; I had to give it up. The first thing was dairy. I was about 24 years old and I had tons of acne and mucus. I met some random girl on a bus who told me to quit dairy and all those symptoms would go away three days later. By God she was right."


Lucy Nicholson / Reuters




View Entire List ›






from BuzzFeed - Animals http://ift.tt/1my4Y3e

Created by Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

$3 Per Year Web Hosting