$3 Per Year Web Hosting

Wednesday 15 December 2021

How to Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy

How should you reply when a guy sends you a sweet text that gives you butterflies? Whether he sent you a flirty compliment or a heartfelt message, we’ve put together romantic responses that’ll make him light up. We’ll start off with the sweet responses you can send to any guy you like and finish up with texts that are especially perfect for someone you’ve known longer. Read on for 15 unique ways to respond to a sweet text from a guy!

This article is based off an interview with our professional dating coach, Collette Gee. Check out the full interview here.

[Edit]Steps

[Edit]“Someone just asked me why I’m smiling at my phone.”

  1. Let him know that his texts make you feel amazing. This is a super cute option to respond to a wholesome flirty text or compliment.[1] Send one of these in return to make him smile, too:
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 1.jpg
    • “I must look so silly rn. I’ve got the biggest smile on my face.”
    • “Your message made me do this 😄.”
    • “Every notification from you just makes me light up.”

[Edit]“I like you even more than I did a few seconds ago.”

  1. Use this cute text to make him feel really appreciated. Whether he’s your crush or your boyfriend, try being a little direct to show him that you care. Respond to his sweet text and make him understand that you love his kind, romantic side.[2]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 2.jpg
    • “Just when I thought I couldn’t like you anymore, you sent another adorable message.”
    • “Oh no! If you keep sending texts like that one, I’m gonna fall for you.”
    • “So that text just reminded me one of the many reasons I’ve got a HUGE crush on you.”

[Edit]“If I had to pick between you and chocolate, I’d pick you.”

  1. Tell him you like him more than one of your favorite things. This is a fun approach you can take if you’re not a super gushy person and don’t consider yourself super romantic. Try pitting him against your favorite show, favorite restaurant, or something fun you like to do together.
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 3.jpg
    • “If someone told me I could either see you or get Korean barbeque, I’d pick you–every time.”
    • “Hey, since we’re studying inequalities in math, I came up with this: You > puppies.”
    • “I like you more than I like Game of Thrones.”

[Edit]“That’s the best text I’ve ever gotten.”

  1. Gush a little bit about the message he sent so he knows you appreciate it. He probably spent a lot of time thinking of the right thing to say. He might’ve even been a little nervous about sending something sweet or romantic–especially if you two aren’t together yet or are in the early stages of dating. Reassure him that you love the message and give him credit for being thoughtful.[3]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 4.jpg
    • “I want to print out that message and frame it. Honestly, it’s so beautiful. Thank you!”
    • “Aw I’m speechless. Your message made me 🥺.”
    • “Nothing I could text back would be as amazing as your message.”

[Edit]“I could stay up all night texting you.”

  1. Send one of these texts if he sends a sweet text before bed. It’s a great alternative to the classic “goodnight” text, and it makes him feel like you value what he has to say. Respond to a sweet text with a reply like this to help build your deeper emotional and mental connection.
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 5.jpg
    • “Sleep is overrated. I just want to talk to you!”
    • “I know I have to go to bed, but I’d rather text you. I hate saying goodnight to you.”[4]
    • “I know I’ll probably see you in my dreams tonight, but I want to keep talking you for a little longer.”

[Edit]“Aw, thanks! You’re so sweet.”

  1. Saying “thank you” is a casual way to show your guy that you care. Everyone likes to feel appreciated, and a simple “thanks” goes a long way.[5] However, you can also use a basic “thank you” as a polite way to signal you’re not that interested and exit the conversation. If you do like him, you can still say “thank you!” but make sure to keep the convo going.[6]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 6.jpg
    • “Thank you, that’s such a nice message.”
    • “I’m so thankful for you.”
    • “I really appreciate you!”

[Edit]“Didn’t catch that. Could you say it again?”

  1. Use a cute, sassy response for a flirtier vibe. You can use this tactic to keep things playful and flirty. The trick is to avoid going too far into complimenting him or talking about your feelings. This approach works well to keep him guessing about whether his flirty texts are winning you over or not. You can use these if his sweet text is a compliment:[7]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 7.jpg
    • “Thanks, you’re not so bad yourself 😉.”
    • “Wow, you have excellent taste.”
    • “You know how to say exactly the right things.”

[Edit]“Do you have any idea how amazing you are?”

  1. Talk about his best qualities to turn the focus back on him. If you feel awkward accepting compliments, use this strategy. One of the best ways to respond to a sweet compliment text from a guy is to send a compliment back. If he compliments you on your looks, send a compliment back about his appearance. If he sends a compliment about your personality, send one about his.[8]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 8.jpg
    • “Hey, you’re super handsome 😍.”
    • “Has anyone ever told you that you look like Zac Efron?”
    • “You’re one of the most caring people I know.”

[Edit]“I love spending time with you.”

  1. Use a text like this if you haven’t seen him in a bit. Talk about how much you enjoy his company to show that you like him even more IRL. Try to mention the next time you’ll see him so that you both have something to look forward to. This approach adds a bit of energy, anticipation, and excitement into the conversation, so it’s a great tactic if you’ve just started dating.[9]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 9.jpg
    • “I love being around you. Looking forward to Friday!”
    • “Texting you is 😊. But spending time with you is 🥰.”
    • “Your text is so sweet, but it just makes me want to see you again!”

[Edit]“You make me feel really special.”

  1. Try starting the response with “you” to make him feel appreciated. Show a little love back as you let him know that his message matters to you. Then, you can start talking about the specific personality traits and moments you’ve shared that make you appreciate him.[10] The more specific you can get, the more he’ll feel valued and loved.[11] Start with one of these texts and add a few more sentences about what makes your guy amazing:
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 10.jpg
    • “Your texts always make me blush.”
    • “You make me feel like I’m the luckiest person in the world.”
    • “Your message made my day!”

[Edit]“I wish I was in your arms right now.”

  1. Go for the virtual equivalent of a hug if you won’t see each other soon. He could be sending you a cute text to show you he misses you. Let him know that you wish he was there with you! You could even pair this text with a cute GIF of people (or animals) hugging. After all, studies show that when you watch hugs, your brain gets a rush of feel-good hormones.[12]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 11.jpg
    • “I wish I were there with you.”
    • “One of your amazing hugs sounds really great right now.”
    • “Sending you a 🤗 since I can’t be there.”

[Edit]“I miss you!”

  1. Talk about how it feels when he’s not around, especially if you’re long-distance. When you tell him you miss him, you’re really saying that you enjoy spending time with him. Use this text for a guy you’re dating already, since it might come on a little strong for a crush.[13]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 12.jpg
    • “Your message just made me miss you even more.”
    • “I miss you and your cute dimples. Can’t wait to see you soon!”
    • “Aw, I’ve missed hearing you say sweet things like that in person.”

[Edit]“You make me smile more than anyone else.”

  1. Tell him what sets him apart from other people. Does he have the best sense of humor? Is he the only one who shares a weird hobby with you? Saying that he’s the only one who makes you feel a certain way is a huge compliment, and a compliment is a tried-and-true strategy for sweet texts.[14] Check out these texts to make him feel special:
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 13.jpg
    • “You’re the only one who appreciates my goofy side.”
    • “🥰 You get me better than anyone else.”
    • “You’re the only one who gives me 🦋.”

[Edit]“What did I think about all the time before I met you?”

  1. Send a text about how much he matters to you. When a guy sends you a sweet or romantic text, it shows he really likes you. Show him you feel the same way with an equally sweet text.[15]
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 14.jpg
    • “Has anyone ever told you that you make the world a better place?”
    • “You’re my everything.”
    • “You matter so much to me.”

[Edit]“You make me a better person.”

  1. Try a text like this for a guy you’ve known for a while. Describe the deeper impact your guy has on your life. Talk about how he inspires you and how knowing him has changed you. For an even sweeter touch, add in compliments about his character and personality.[16] Use this one for a really romantic text rather than just a flirty one-liner. In fact, if he sends you a long sweet text, try to match the length of his message when you respond.
    Respond to a Sweet Text from a Guy Step 15.jpg
    • “Before I met you, I really didn’t know what love meant.”
    • “You inspire me to be a stronger, kinder, hard-working person.”
    • “You’ve changed the way I see the world.”

[Edit]References



from How to of the Day https://ift.tt/3EXf35L
via Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

$3 Per Year Web Hosting