$3 Per Year Web Hosting

Friday 8 October 2021

How to How Do I Check the History on My Computer

This wikiHow will teach you how to check your computer's history on Windows 10. You will be able to see which of your files were recently edited in File Explorer. After you've viewed the edited file history, you can delete it. In addition to viewing which files were last edited, you can also use Microsoft account activity to see what your account has done previously.

[Edit]Steps

[Edit]Checking Your Browser History

  1. Open a web browser. This might not be the default web browser on your computer, so look for Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla, or other web browsers.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 1 Version 2.jpg
  2. Click the menu icon. The appearance of this menu icon is different between browsers. For example, Chrome has , Firefox has , and Microsoft Edge has an icon that looks like a star with three lines coming out of it.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 2 Version 2.jpg
  3. Click . In Firefox, you'll need to hover your mouse over Library to see this option.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 3 Version 2.jpg
  4. Review your browsing history. If you're using Firefox, click Show All History. The pages visited and the searches initiated should be separated by date.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 4 Version 2.jpg

[Edit]Seeing Recent Files

  1. Open the Run app. Press the Windows key and type "Run" to search for the program.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 5 Version 2.jpg
    • Click the app from the search results to open it.
  2. Type "Recent" and press . A File Explorer window will open to show you a list of recent files that have been edited.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 6 Version 2.jpg
  3. Review the list. You'll see categories like the file's name, date modified, type, and size.[1]
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 7 Version 2.jpg

[Edit]Checking Windows Activity History

  1. Press . Pressed together, the Windows and uppercase "i" keys open the Settings menu.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 8 Version 2.jpg
  2. Click . It's next to an icon of a padlock.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 9 Version 2.jpg
  3. Click . You'll find this in the panel on the left side of the window.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 10 Version 2.jpg
  4. Click . You may need to scroll down to find this at the very bottom of the window.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 11 Version 2.jpg
    • Your Microsoft account activity history will open in a new browser window or tab. Enter your password to continue.
  5. Click a menu to learn more about that history. There are menus for location, speech, browsing, and search histories.
    How Do I Check the History on My Computer Step 12 Version 2.jpg
    • You can click Clear all history in each menu, but to quickly clear everything, go to Settings > Privacy > Activity History > Clear Activity History > Clear.

[Edit]Tips

  • If the account on your computer that you want to check is in your family group, open Settings > Accounts > Family & other users > Manage family settings online. The Microsoft family page will open in a web browser and you can navigate around the page to see the different aspects of your child's activity on your computer like screen time and apps used. You won't see this information if they aren't part of your family group.

[Edit]References

[Edit]Quick Summary



from How to of the Day https://ift.tt/3lpsmVk
via Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

$3 Per Year Web Hosting